In Gift Cards
Current Gift Card Rates in Nigeria – May 2022
If you’re seeking the best gift card rates, NOSH is where you need to be.
You can get the rate of any gift card in real-time with our automated in-app gift card rate calculator. Because the market value is so variable, rates are adjusted regularly, several times a day. The best thing is that you can see the exchange rates in Nigerian Naira, Ghana Cedis, and US Dollars. When you trade on NOSH, you can get compensated in any of these payment options.
This page is for anyone who wants to know how much a certain gift card is worth at any given time. At these rates, you may simply change gift cards to naira.
HOW DO I CHECK NAIRA RATES?
The gift card brand’s name is the category. However, each gift card brand has a range of options.
You must first choose a category (the name of the gift card), after which you can choose the subcategories underneath.
For example, USA Amazon (Debit Receipt 50-100) denotes:
Amazon Gift Card purchased in the United States
50-100 = The value is between 50 and 100.
Then, enter the amount of the gift card.
You can see the amount you’ll get back using any of the payment methods listed. For example, if you select naira as your payment method, the system displays the amount of naira you will receive in exchange for your gift card. Same as like, Ghana cedis.
Gift cards with the Highest Rates in 2022
Gift Cards and Scammers
Someone may ask you to pay for anything with a gift card, such as a Google Play or iTunes card, and then provide them with the numbers on the back of the card. They’re attempting to trick you if they ask you to do this. No legitimate company or government agency will ever require you to pay using a gift card. Anyone who demands payment in the form of a gift card is a con artist. Continue reading to discover more about gift card fraud.
Gift cards are intended to be used as gifts rather than as a means of payment. Scammers like them because they’re easier to identify and buy, and buyers have fewer protections than with conventional payment methods. They’re more like currency in that the money on the card is gone once you use it. This is a favourite tactic of con artists.
You can be sure that if someone phones you and asks that you pay them with gift cards, they are a fraudster. They have your money once they obtain the gift card number and PIN. Scammers may tell you a variety of stories to persuade you to pay with gift cards, but here’s how it normally goes:
1. It’s an urgent call, according to the caller. The con artist claims that unless you pay immediately now, something horrible would happen. But you don’t, and it’s not going to happen.
2. Typically, the caller will inform you which gift card to purchase. They might advise you to buy a gift card from eBay, Google Play, Target, or iTunes. They may direct you to a particular retailer, such as Walmart, Target, CVS, or Walgreens. They sometimes advise buying cards in multiple stores so that cashiers aren’t suspicious. Furthermore, the caller may remain on the line with you while you go to the store to load money onto your card. These are all red flags that you’re being duped.
3. You are asked for your gift card number and PIN by the caller. The fraudster can get the money you loaded onto the card by using the card number and PIN on the back of the card. And the con artist receives it immediately away.
How Scammers Persuade You To Use Gift Cards
Scammers pose as someone they are not in order to get you to pay with gift cards. They want to intimidate or pressure you into responding quickly so that you don’t have time to ponder or speak with someone you can trust. Here’s a rundown of some of the most typical gift card rip-offs and strategies:
1. The caller claims to be from the government and claims that you must pay taxes or face a fine, but this is a ruse.
2. Someone from tech support may phone, claiming to be from Apple or Microsoft and informing you that your machine is malfunctioning. But it’s a fabrication.
3. On a dating service, you find someone great, but he needs money and wants you to assist him. This romance con artist fabricates any scenario to get you to send him gift cards.
4. In an emergency, the scammer poses as a friend or family member and wants you to deliver money straight away — but not to tell anyone. This is a rip-off. If you’re concerned, hang up and call a friend or relative to double-check everything.
5. Someone tells you that you’ve won a reward, but you must first pay fees or other costs using a gift card. Remember that no reputable company or agency will ever force you to pay using a gift card. But, more importantly, did you enter that sweepstake?
6. The caller claims to be from your utility company or another utility. If you don’t pay right away, she threatens to turn off your service. Utility corporations, on the other hand, do not operate in this manner. It’s a ruse.
Wrapping up this article, we have touched on the best platform to get the best rates for your trades. We’ve also seen some of the gift cards with the highest rates in Nigeria in 2022. Get the Nosh App now. Register or log in if you’re a returning customer, navigate to “Check Rates”, to check out awesome gift card rates you can find. Also, beware of scammers and anyone who poses to be from Nosh. Nosh doesn’t trade on WhatsApp. Trades are done strictly on the mobile apps (Android and iOS) and the website.