Table of Contents
Gift card scams aren’t a new problem, according to cybercrime specialists, and they’re not limited to major cities, they also have an impact on internet shoppers. Gift card frauds aren’t common, and the losses are usually restricted to the value of the gift card, but it’s something we all want to avoid. Use the suggestions below to protect yourself or the recipient.
Tips for Gift Card Buyers:
- Buying gift cards from a reputable company is a good idea. It may be tempting to buy secondhand gift cards at a discount, but not all resellers are trustworthy. Choose a reseller who is supported by a respectable firm, has a money-back guarantee, and has a customer care department if you buy from one.
- Before you buy a card, inspect it. If you’re buying a gift card in person, check to see if the packaging has not been interfered with and don’t bother purchasing it if the PIN has been disclosed.
- Keep your receipt safe. In the event that something goes wrong, this validates ownership. Take a picture if you’re scared about losing it.
Tips for Gift Card Recipients:
- Make a record of your gift card. This allows you and customer service to quickly recognise the card and track its usage.
- Keep it in a secure location. Treat the gift card like currency, and keep it in your wallet with your other frequently used cards.
- Use it as soon as possible. Many cards do not expire, but the longer they are left unattended, the more probable they are to be stolen or forgotten.
Be cautious about where you shop. If a seller requires only gift cards as payment, don’t use them.
Keep your gift card codes safe as if they were cash.
We strongly advise that you take the same security precautions with your gift card as you would with your wallet, cash, and credit cards. If you choose to print your gift card, keep it with you at all times and keep it safe. The same level of caution applies if you purchased a physical gift card. Never offer your gift card information or pin to someone you don’t know or trust over the phone or online.
What Gift Card Trading Service Can You Trust?
In Africa, specifically Nigeria and Ghana, there are numerous websites or platforms where you may trade your gift cards for cash, such as Steam and Google Play gift card. You can quickly swap for cash using Cardnosh, and you are not restricted to that; you can exchange any gift card for cash.
The actual trading process is rather simple to comprehend; first, you must download the app, establish an account, and log in.
Choose your gift card category e.g Steam, then enter the value of the card you want to sell. After submitting your request, you will receive a response from the platform in less than 5 minutes. Once the gift card has been been confirmed, the cash will be paid to you instantly.
You can contact NOSH support via email: firstname.lastname@example.org, or via live chat (on the mobile app or on the site) if you prefer a more interactive session.