Table of Contents
Even though the practice of exchanging gift cards is not new in Nigeria, the majority of people are still unaware of how it operates and its benefits. In the piece you’re reading right now, I’ll outline why, how, and on which platform you should begin trading gift cards in Nigeria in 2022.
How do Gift Cards work?
Prepaid cash cards include gift cards. These cards are pre-loaded with a certain sum of cash, which is then used to make purchases from selected retailers. These cards are issued by retailers and are an additional means of payment. They are available in various shapes, regions, and denominations.
Forms of Gift Card
There are two types of gift cards:
- Physical cards: These are plastic cards that are distributed by actual retail locations.
- E-gift cards: These are often referred to as Ecodes. They are digital codes you can purchase online and have sent or texted to you. They are digital codes you can purchase online and have sent or texted to you.
Benefits of Gift Cards
- They make fantastic presents: A gift card to their favourite retailer is a thoughtful gift option that is always suitable to give to your loved ones during special occasions.
- The ability to buy everything you desire: You can purchase whatever you want from the business with a gift card as long as it is within the card’s predetermined spending limit.
- It aids with budget adherence: Do you frequently spend more money at the store than you had planned? It’s not just you. With a gift card, you can stay under a strict budget because you aren’t allowed to spend more than the limit on your card.
- They can be sold again: Many Nigerians have found this specific point to be helpful. Owning a gift card in Nigeria can seem completely pointless because some businesses are not functional in Nigeria, but this is not the case. The cards can be sold again for money!
How to Trade Gift Cards in Nigeria
Gift cards worth $3 billion went unused in 2019, and 1 in 3 consumers received gift cards they never used. As I already indicated, several retailers, including Sephora, Walmart, Amazon and others, don’t have local subsidiaries in Nigeria, therefore their gift cards don’t function in this country. Additionally, some people receive gift cards for Steam even though they don’t play video games, and some iPhone users receive gift cards for Google Play. So what should you do if you have a gift card that you cannot use? Sell them to get money! Gift cards that go unused only help the shops, not you. Why not take advantage of it by exchanging your gift cards for cash? Let’s dive into how to do this.
How to Sell Gift Cards for Cash in Nigeria
You’ll need a reputable platform in Nigeria to exchange your gift cards for cash. It’s so simple to fall for shady trading sites’ tricks. They are either trading platforms with subpar services or bogus platforms that only want your money.
I highly recommend no other the Nosh App if you wish to effortlessly swap your gift cards. You’ll need information, such as the kind of gift card, the category, the balance on the card, and other details provided by the site you’re using, in order to exchange your gift cards.
NOSH is an online marketplace where you can trade your gift cards for cash. You can quickly swap a gift card for naira or cedis using the NOSH.
The actual trading process is rather simple to comprehend:
- Simply download the app, create an account or log in.
- Choose the name of the gift card under your gift card category
- Enter the value of the card you want to sell.
- Submit your request
- You will receive a response from the platform in 5-10 minutes.
- Once the gift card has been confirmed, the naira or cedis equivalent will be paid to you instantly.
You can contact NOSH support via email: firstname.lastname@example.org, or via live chat (on the mobile app or on the site) if you prefer a more interactive session.
Stop wasting unused gift cards and start using them to your advantage. Gift card trading is simple, and using the appropriate platform like the Nosh App will definitely be hassle-free.